Sunday, July 02, 2017

Documented | Echo Park

Hey there! A while back I was contacted by Amy Little, the owner of Scrap the Boys challenge site, requesting a couple of sketches for upcoming challenges.  I always love to share my sketches, so of course I said yes!  Today they are sharing the first sketch on their site, so I am joining in on the fun.
 

Multiple photo sketches are always fun to use for sequential photos, which is exactly what I used when I decided to play with this sketch at a recent retreat I attended.


I used a plain white cardstock base, and added a hint of mixed media in the form of water colour paints to it.  First a wash and then some splatters.


I kept my title simple since I was retreating and worked with a chipboard element that I had packed.


As usual I added three clusters of embellishments.


I also decided to tuck in these number stickers, mainly because I had no idea how else I would use them - but I also love the way they look!


This little cluster is a bonus cluster - necessary for keeping in tune with my rule of threes!

Supply List: Echo Park patterned paper and stickers; American Crafts cardstock; Simple Stories chipboard, plastic clip and enamel dots; Evalicious flair and  arrow clip; misc. wood veneer and acetate arrow; Leows water color paints; Sargent Arts Gesso; My Mind's Eye washi; lack Mr. Hueys mist.

I hope you find some time to play along over at the Scrap the Boys challenge site!
Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!