Thursday, June 01, 2017

Hello Paradise | Stuck?! Sketches

Hey there!  I am sharing a new sketch, layout and a process video for Stuck?! Sketches' June 1st challenge today!

Here is a look at my sketch:


And this is my take on it, as you can see I opted to replace one photo with a fun frame and combine the other two smaller square photos into one rectangular picture.  Normally I would go ahead and use the three pics, but I really wanted to get this photo scrapped!


I began this page by trying to be all artsy and add some swooshes of colour to two corners of my background paper.  If you watch the video you will see how this concept got away from me, although I think I reigned it back in and finished with something I am more pleased with.


I created three main embellishment clusters, one of which is around my title.  Though, I did also add a few embellishments around my journalling.


I played with some goodies from the Simple Stories "You Are Here" collection, I love that it incorporates stickers, chipboard, wood and clear elements. I also pulled in a few die cuts that I had previously cut out and not used.


As I mentioned, I added some goodies around my journalling.  I am really enjoying doing this lately as it is fun and makes the journaling feel like a more integral part of my pages.


I finished my page by adding some texture paste and splatters of water colour paints along the two corners that I added swooshes of Gelatos and Distress Crayons to.

We have two amazing and super supportive sponsors this month over at Stuck?! Sketches



As I mentioned, I have a process video for this page, you can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: Simple Stories "You Are Here" patterned papers, chipboard, frames, wood veneer, washi, stickers, clear stickers, ephemera and bradz; Simple Stories Sn@p Basics III patterned paper;  Simple Stories "Reset Girl" enamel dots; crochet thread; Leow's water colour paints; Ranger Texture Paste; Sharpie pen; American Crafts white cardstock; Faber Castell gesso; Tim Holtz Distress Crayon {orange marmalade, salty ocean, peacock feathers}; Gelatos {coconut, tangerine}; Mr. Hue's black mist; Shimmerz "oh say can you sea" mist; Tattered Angels "sky" mist.

Thanks so much for visiting!
Laura
xo

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page! Thank you for all the great ideas and techniques in your video. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who gets stumped in little creative spots from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page. Thanks for sharing your ideas and techniques in the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page, Laura! Love all the layers of embellishments, and the colors are perfect! Thanks for sharing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and gorgeous page Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!