Thursday, May 18, 2017

Love at First Sight | My Creative Scrapbook

Hey there!  I am popping in to share a layout and process video that I created using the My Creative Scrapbook May main kit! In case you missed the reveal, this amazing kit is made up with a bunch of Jillibean Soup "Bowl of Dreams" goodies! And let me tell you I had so much fun playing with it!


I love the colour combination of this collection and that the "pea pod parts" or ephemera is suited for so man themes!

This photo is not very good quality, it was taken with an older iPhone in low light, but it is the only one I had that documented when m youngest son and husband brought home a new puppy, so I had to make it work.

Mostly I chose it because our puppy is orange and she was wrapped in a coral coloured towel Oh and there were so many love themed bits in the kit, of course!


As I love the do, I created a multi font title, beginning with a die cut from my leftovers bin, adding in some DIY Thickers from the kit that I custom coloured; as well as a free hand "1" and "st" stickers. I love the way it turned out, it just pops!  The tag was created with scrap cardstock.


I wanted to add a cluster of embellishments beside my photo but felt they needed something to host them, so I also dug this heart out of my leftover die cuts bin. I think this grouping has much more presence now.


I finished off my page with a couple of strips of patterned papers along the bottom and one final, but smaller cluster of goodies.  Then I added in some Ranger Enamel Accents, from my stash, around the page.

You can see my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.

 

Supply List: (From the Kit) Jillibean Soup "Bowl of Dreams" patterned papers {day dreaming, think with purpose' pie in the sky, make magic}, pea pod parts, puffy stickers and label stickers; DIY Thickers; Becky Higgins Project Life currently chipboard frames; Pink Paislee "take me away" buttons. (From my stash) Ranger Enamel Accents; Mr. Huey's mist {real red, taxi yellow}; white and black American Crafts cardstock.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are greatly appreciated!